Michael S. Chapman lives with his wife, Tammy, and daughter, Miranda, in Saltillo, MS. They have lived in Saltillo since 1999 and are members of the Saltillo First United Methodist Church.
Michael joined the firm in 2012, immediately focusing on litigation in the areas of family law, personal injury law, estate law and criminal law with an emphasis in family law matters. Michael has successfully represented hundreds of family law clients throughout north Mississippi in all facets of family law. Michael previously practiced with Moffett Law Firm handling all areas of a general law practice with an emphasis in family law.
Michael received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of Mississippi. He went on to obtain his Juris Doctorate graduating Magna Cum Laude from the University of Mississippi School of Law.
Michael is admitted to practice in all state and local courts in Mississippi, including the Supreme Court of Mississippi. In addition, he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Personal Injury Law
- Estate Law
- Criminal Law
- Mississippi, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Honors: Christian Legal Society
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
- B.A. - 2005
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- American Jurisprudence Award Wildlife Law
- Best of the Best Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal Readers' Choice Award Law Firm Finalists
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Mississippi Bar
- Lee County Young Lawyers' Association
Past Employment Positions
- Moffett Law Firm, Associate Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- First United Methodist Church of Saltillo, Member
- Phi Delta Phi